Date:      Tue, 27 Jun 1995 07:16:42 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        jan@bagend.atl.ga.us (Jan Isley)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD hackers)
Subject:   Re: update on keyboard lockup with SNAP

As Jan Isley wrote:

> I built a new kernel with pcvt instead of sc0, installed it, read
> the man pages, etc...  do you *really* have to type scon -cN to
> change screens with pcvt?  ALT-FN did *other* things. :)  By The

Err, Ctrl-Alt-F<n>, consistently with XFree86.  (There's also F9
through F12 for the first four screens, and Alt-F12 for cycling
through the screens.)

Hmm, i should have pointed you to the documentation in
/usr/src/usr.sbin/pcvt/Misc.  My fault.

(Jordan, is this another candidate for an extra source dist?  Should
be fairly small, but i hesitate to duplicate the information there
somewhere in a FAQ, since this will require extra maintenance.)

> Anyway, I rebooted, played around for a while, and then sat here
> typing esc-k-return (with bash set -ao vi that is) switching  between
> four screens until my fingers cramped... came back later and did it
> another thousand times... it did not lock up with pcvt.  I will try
> again later.

Well, you `vi' fans out there.  Wouldn't have it been better to
temporarily ``set -o emacs'' and simly hit the up arrow key? :-}

> Is that what you meant?

Seems like a problem of the kbd driver in syscons... Søren???

--
cheers, J"org

joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/