Date:      Tue, 16 Apr 2002 14:34:30 +0200
From:      Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock@gmx.net>
To:        Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mpeg 4/divx

Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> Did you removed "-Werror" or did you fix every error? I'm fixing every
> error at the moment (3 things to do at the moment, it is still compiling
> the rest). For comments about a port see another mail from me (I will
> send it when I got it compiled completely, together with what to do to
> fix the errors).

I removed -Werror. The include breakage didn't seem to me like anything
worth "fixing". Also, I had planned to make a port of the most vital
utilities of the package (and fix it all up in a way they'd build using
existing ports rather than all the unpatched stuff in the tarball) and
then another one of the darwin streaming server. Do want you to go ahead
with it? I'd then gladly move on to port mjpegtools. So much
videoprocessing/encoding software out there to port ... :)

>>utilities compile and I can play divx/xvid-encoded AVIs with mp4player.
>

> Even divx5 ones?

I highly doubt it, but I don't have any to test. Frankly, I'm not
interested in divx5, since there's no way of creating such files with
FreeBSD. I'm rather going with xvid (which has just recently hit the
ports tree, btw.).

--
Michael Nottebrock