Date:      Sun, 23 Jul 2000 00:18:33 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        "R. D. Davis" <rdd@smart.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Legacy Device Support (Was RE: No help...)

There's an open PR about SCSI-1 support that may somewhat pertinent to this
and Exabyte 8200s (Greg Lehey had this issue and I asked him to file a PR)-
older 8200 f/w pumps out pre-CCS mode pages that we don't grok at all- I
didn't catch the front end of this mail thread. It's possible that with a
1542B (which is *really* buggy) and a very old 8200 this person is in bad
shape.

If there's a problem with the tape can rdd contact me directly with the
precise details? sorry if I missed it earlier, and no, I'm too busy to scan
the archives, but based upon their input, and the PR I asked Grog to file, I
can decide whether to move that fix up the request stack or not.

Also- if it was a SCSI tape issue, it's been being discussed on the wrong
mail list.