Date:      Mon, 19 Oct 1998 08:42:47 -0500
From:      Zach Heilig <zach@gaffaneys.com>
To:        James Wyatt <jwyatt@rwsystr.RWSystems.net>, Vince Vielhaber <vev@michvhf.com>
Cc:        Ted Spradley <tsprad@spradley.tmi.net>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG, "H.Eckert" <ripley@nostromo.in-berlin.de>
Subject:   Re: syslogd and syslog.conf

On Sun, Oct 18, 1998 at 12:24:33PM -0500, James Wyatt wrote:
> I am amazed at the things I've seen people try to do with Samba! I
> wouldn't put it past them to mount /etc. 8{) I've been asked whether
> linload would allow you to load and run linux over samba...
>
> That aside, MSWord alters files too much anyway...

There is a local ISP that used notepad or something on /etc/passwd (in Linux)
{He wanted to administer from his windows box.. it was so much easier to
use...).  After they screwed up their dialup box a few times, they switched
everything to Windows NT (and took a month to figure out how to shoehorn Windows
into being a dialup box...).  Needless to say, thay have very bad service...

--
Zach Heilig <zach@gaffaneys.com>
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have to at least consider