Date:      Fri, 14 Jan 2005 17:03:24 EST
From:      Freebsd0101@aol.com
To:        cswiger@mac.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Thank you!

In a message dated 1/14/05 1:46:43 PM Eastern Standard Time, cswiger@mac.com
writes:
On Jan 14, 2005, at 12:56 PM, Freebsd0101@aol.com wrote:
>> The entire point of this extended discussion, for those who have paid
>> attention, is that FreeBSD 4.x, which is admittedly the fastest version
>> available, DOES NOT work with intel's fastest CPUs because it doesnt
>> support the necessary chipsets,
>
>Let's pretend for a second that what you've claimed here is completely
>accurate rather than exaggerated for rhetorical purposes.
>
>What are you doing to help, TM4321@aol, or whatever your new handle for
>today is?
-------
We don't have to "pretend", because Robert Watson,  has outlined the
issues with 5.x networking on this list, and he is in a position to know.

The continued "what are you doing" is part of the problem. Its not reasonable
to expect end users to support the OS as the chipset level. Thats why there
is a core team. Tasks involving the inner guts of the O/S are beyond
the capabilities of even the most talented of programmers without a
significant
learning curve. Its the kind of answer given by people with no answers.

FreeBSD often uses its "centralized" decision making structure as the reason
that they are superior. Yet when something doesn't work its someone else's
problem. That, in a nutshell, is the problem. They beat their chests when
applauded and point fingers when criticized.