Date:      18 Oct 2001 23:05:14 +0200
From:      Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
To:        Gordon Tetlow <gordont@gnf.org>
Cc:        <arch@freebsd.org>, <kevin.way@overtone.org>
Subject:   Re: New rc.d init script roadmap

Gordon Tetlow <gordont@gnf.org> writes:
> rcorder(8) only works at boot. If you can provide me a way to say "Show me
> all the dependencies of nfsd" then I'll go be quiet and finish porting the
> NetBSD scripts.

Sorry, I overestimated rcorder(8), it just does a topological sort of
the specified files - I thought it was smart enough to go look for
missing dependencies.  I don't think it would be hard to add that
functionality to rcorder, but detecting whether a dependency is
already running might be tricky.

Honestly, I don't see this as a top priority; our current rc system
doesn't provide a mechanism for starting nfsd on its own either, so
we're not exactly losing existing functionality.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@ofug.org