Date:      Fri, 29 May 2009 23:40:52 -0400
From:      Vince Sabio <vince@vjs.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   MIME attachments in mbox files

I have a need (well, I have lots of needs, but I'll try to stay
focused here) to be able to take a Windows zip file that is stored as
a MIME attachment to an e-mail message in an Mbox-format spool file,
and unzip the attachment. I actually need to script the process. In
case it helps, I can dedicate a mailbox to the task. If necessary, I
can write my own parser to strip out the attachment, in which case
I'd need only a widget that can take in a MIME (base64) encoded zip
file, convert it to binary, and unzip it.

Anyone know of any FreeBSD utility(ies) that do(es) this?

Vince Sabio                                                  vince@vjs.org