Date:      Mon, 10 Feb 2003 18:30:51 +0100
From:      Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@bellavista.cz>
To:        freebsd-hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   mdoc(7) question

Hi there,

two quick mdoc(7) questions:

I'm writing a man page for a utility I'm writing, and I want the option
listing look like this:

OPTIONS
     -h, --help
         Print a brief help message.

     -n, --dry-run
         Don't actually connect to the server. DDL generated by mktable.php
         is output on stdout.

     -H, --host=host
         Connect to server on host.

The best I could achieve without resorting to (FMPOV) hacks was the same
amount of indentation for the option, and the description:

     -H, --host=host
     Connect to server on host.

what is the canonical way of doing this?

BTW, I'm not happy with the way I got the vertical space between the
options (with .Pp), but that might be my html background. Is this ok, or
should I do it another way?

This is what I have right now:

.Sh OPTIONS
.Bl -ohang -compact
.It Fl h , Fl -help
Print a brief help message.
.Pp
.It Fl n , Fl -dry-run
Don't actually connect to the server. DDL generated by
.Nm
is output on stdout.
.Pp
.It Fl H , Fl -host Ns = Ns Ar host