Date:      Thu, 27 May 1999 01:03:27 +0100 (WEST)
From:      Pedro Almeida <pedro@qui.uc.pt>
To:        "System Admin." <pe@student.lssu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: DEC 3000

Hi!

I had the same problem a few weeks ago!
The solution was intall NetBSD 1.4 alpha! Use the hdtape??.fs boot file!
with it you can either boot from a tape, a hd or else.

An advice... get a VT terminal... you are not able to use the  system console
during the install, so you must get something like that and plug it on the
backside serial port!

hope that this info will help you.

Pedro

> Hi all,
>       I have DEC3000 model 300 workstation, no floppy drive and I want
> to install FreeBSD/Alpha how can I do it? I read in the INSTALL.TXT under
> 3.2-STABLE dir. and it said net boot only. how can I accomplish that?

Pedro Almeida
Departamento de Física
Universidade de Coimbra
3000 Coimbra
Portugal

Tel: +351-39-852080
Fax: +351-39-827703
TM: +351-931-4039968

E-Mail: Pedro Almeida <pedro@qui.uc.pt>
Sent on 27-May-99 at 00:57:28
Fortune: Alden's Laws:
        (1) Giving away baby clothes and furniture is the major cause
            of pregnancy.
        (2) Always be backlit.
        (3) Sit down whenever possible.

This message was sent by XFMail running on
my Pentium Pro 200 Linux Box
PGP key available upon request