Date:      Tue, 27 Feb 1996 08:55:22 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Eric J. Schwertfeger" <ejs@bfd.com>
To:        Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
Cc:        Sean Kelly <kelly@yarmouth>, kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de, narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Win32 (was:Re: Go SCSI! Big improvement...)

On Mon, 26 Feb 1996, Christoph P. Kukulies wrote:

> Maybe I'm wrong but last time I used a text selection in a Tcl/Tk app
> it didn't behave a la Mac/Smalltalk/Windows - CTRLC-C, CTRL-X, CTRL-V,
> Auto replace when selected so you can type into a selection,
> selected region appears as 3D-shaded stripes instead of a whole block.

Haven't looked at Tk lately, have you?  It's closer to what you want, and
it's easy to add the rest under tk4.X.

Even under Tk 3.6, I wrote a module that did all that, plus unlimited
undo and a few other nice things, invokable with a single line that
would bind to all text widgets (and entry widgets with a second line),
specific text widgets, or could be put into the tcl library to work with
ALL text widgets.  It's customizability like that that I like.  Imagine
adding one line to the library and adding spell checking to all text
widgets using Tk.  Oh, and the library I'm referring to isn't the
shared library in C, it's the Tk shared routines written in TCL.

There wasn't any interest in it, odly enough, so I haven't bothered to
recreate it since I lost it.