Date:      Wed, 31 May 1995 08:00:23 -0700
From:      SUPERVISOR@alb.asctmd.com
To:        tom@uniserve.com
Cc:        terry@cs.weber.edu, freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com, bens@jhbs.com.au
Subject:    Re: FreeBSD as Netware client? -Reply

  Are there any docs on IPX available somewhere?
IPX is extremely similar to Xerox Network Services (XNS). Novell appears
to have extended XNS and renamed it to IPX. (The previous statement
may be a gross over simplification to some.)

The code available in the netns directory was used as the basis for
netipx. I used various materials which describe the IPX DOS client
interface to glean information about IPX. Also, I have uploaded a file
SPX.DOC to ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/incoming which is a Novell
description of SPX.