Date:      Sat, 19 Mar 2005 12:32:59 -0500
From:      "Francis Whittington" <fewjr@adelphia.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   just finished install

Hello All,
    I just finished installing fbsd for the 8th time. I just want to get =
it up and running so I can start learning to use it . I have not gotten =
X to work yet on the bsd box yet....except when I used an old 4MB card. =
But X was too slow. Here is my setup now:
    My main computer is WinXP (because the rest of the family uses it). =
It is connected to Adelphia cable modem via a D-Link, DI-524 wireless =
router. My Daughter is connected to internet via the WLAN. My freeBSD =
box is connected to modem via a crossover cable. bsd box has 96MB of =
RAM, Riva-TNT 16MB videocard on a intel 440 EX MoBo.
    I was going to use the bsd box as a router/firewall, but i don't =
know enough yet...so it is just a stand alone station. My problem right =
now is that I want to be able to see the rest of the network from the =
bsd box. I cannot ping the other 2 machines. And without X, I am not =
sure what to use to see if I am hitting internet with it. Yeah...I know =
i'm a newbie.
                                                        any thoughts