Date:      Thu, 16 Sep 1999 02:30:30 +0200
From:      Brad Knowles <blk@skynet.be>
To:        "Jeffrey J. Mountin" <jeff-ml@mountin.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Vinum performance testing...

At 7:11 PM -0500 1999/9/15, Jeffrey J. Mountin wrote:

> Well Greg considers it a "release" anyway and no longer alpha.  Surely it
> may be "under development" still, but then isn't -stable?

	My apologies.  I was under the impression that it was still
considered alpha code, but then I guess if it was it probably
wouldn't have migrated to the -STABLE tree, now would it?

	Anyone have any more recent statements from Greg (or Matt, or
anyone else that has previously expressed an opinion on the subject)
with regards to whether or not they suggest using vinum on production
systems yet?

	I know Greg is really busy trying to un-bury himself from
thousands of mail messages, so I figure there's not much sense in me
asking him directly.

> Hopefully the searching would turn up the more significant number of
> successes and minor problems that Greg usually responds very quickly to.

	True, very true.  Greg has always been very responsive to my bug
reports, once I understood enough about what kind of information he
wanted to see.

	Thanks everyone!

|o| Brad Knowles, <blk@skynet.be>            Belgacom Skynet NV/SA |o|
|o| Systems Architect, News & FTP Admin      Rue Col. Bourg, 124   |o|
|o| Phone/Fax: +32-2-706.11.11/12.49         B-1140 Brussels       |o|
|o| http://www.skynet.be                     Belgium               |o|
  Unix is like a wigwam -- no Gates, no Windows, and an Apache inside.
   Unix is very user-friendly.  It's just picky who its friends are.