Date:      Wed, 04 Feb 1998 12:20:02 -0800
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        kris@airnet.net
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: wcarchive.cdrom.com/Swap

>As I can't remember who runs wcarchive, I'm posting this here. I think
>it is a chat subject.
>
>The Question: How is wcarchive setup (with regard to swap) when it has
>1024MB of RAM? A 2G Swap? Little slices of swap on every drive?

   I don't let the machine swap. :-) There is currently about 460MB of
swap space configured over three drives, with typically only a few percent
in use. This is sort of a bug - it really should be >1GB of swap, but I
haven't added any additional swap space as I've added more memory and can't
repartition the drives easily. At some point I'll replace the first drive
array and when I do that, the new drives will be partitioned with swap
space striped across all of the drives in the array (and totalling more
than 1GB).

-DG

David Greenman