Date:      Tue, 27 Feb 1996 10:47:03 -0600
From:      "Eric L. Hernes" <erich@lodgenet.com>
To:        Narvi <narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee>
Cc:        "Serge A. Babkin" <babkin@hq.icb.chel.su>, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: as(1) patch & dis

> Sad...
> Where will I get the SCO from...
> So I wont see what the drivers do to write my own ones...

Most of the code that you need has already been written, it's part
of gdb.  I've wanted to rip the disassembly stuff
out of gdb and make it stand alone, but haven't found the time (or
really needed it that bad, I've got several copies of SCO)
gdb already knows how to parse COFFs, so it shouldn't be too bad.

Actually, SCO's dis(CP) from 3.2v4.2 runs as well under ibcs2 as on
real SCO.  Most of the development system does, except for masm, and
some other programs that need (use) a vm86 call.
anyone know why SCO's syslog implementation needs vm86?

> > -SB

eric.

--
erich@lodgenet.com