Date:      Fri, 07 Jan 2000 15:34:00 -0500
From:      Peter Schwenk <schwenk@math.udel.edu>
To:        Brian Sletten <bsletten@nova.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OSS under 3.4

I've got OSS loading up in a script in /usr/local/etc/rc.d.  I named the
script something like '_oss.sh' so it would run first.  Sometimes on boot it
appears like it won't load (displays a message about not being able to
allocate a DMA buffer), but it tries again and succeeds.  I'm running
3.4-STABLE.

Brian Sletten wrote:

> I recently cvsup'ed to 3.4 and my OSS drivers stopped working. The soundon
> utility just hangs. I downloaded the new version that supposedly support
> 3.4 from 4Front but I get the same behavior.
>
> Has anyone else run into this?

PETER SCHWENK                                    |  UNIX System Administrator
Department of Mathematical Sciences              |  University of Delaware
schwenk@math.udel.edu                            |  (302)831-0437 <-NEW!!!