Date:      Fri, 23 Feb 2007 19:36:19 +0300
From:      Sergey Matveychuk <sem@FreeBSD.org>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        w45kl9@charter.net, Randy Pratt <bsd-unix@earthlink.net>
Subject:   Re: Portupgrade omitting dependencies?

Sergey Matveychuk wrote:
> Randy Pratt wrote:
>> There seems to be some problem in the way that portupgrade handles
>> dependencies in updating a port to a new version.  In quite a few
>> cases, portupgrade does not restore all dependencies that were
>> originally listed in the +REQUIRED_BY file.  I'll use the "netpbm"
>
> Well, I have an idea about this I should check.

Sorry I did not answer for a long time. I have no time for portupgrade
till today. I've found the big and fix it in portupgrade-devel (version
2.2.4). It would be great if you test it (anyone who want are welcome).

You can follow the steps to upgrade:

portupgrade -fo ports-mgmt/portupgrade-devel portupgrade
pkgdb -L (it fixes lost dependencies. you could want to backup your
/var/db/pkg to compare afterwards)
pkgdb -F

... and work as usualy

--