Date:      Tue, 27 Jun 1995 14:00:03 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jeff Aitken <jaitken@cslab.cs.vt.edu>
To:        henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu (Charles Henrich)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Random Lockups

> On one of our 486's and now my Micron, the system will lock up solid causing
> a hard reboot in the 486 case.  In the P100 case the system has to be reset
> by the button.  Has anyone else experienced this?  This has happened quite
> frequently with the 2.0.5R, never with the 0210-SNAP or 04-SNAP

With 2.0.5R, I've had this happen twice now.  Once was during heavy disk
activity, the second was right after I ran the command 'ispcvt'.  In
both cases, the machine hung, with the disk activity light on, and I had
to shut the thing off and back on to reset it.  There are no log
messages, no messages on the console, no nothing indicating why this
happened.

This is a 486DX/2 with 16MB, NCR 53c810, micropolis 4110 drive, and the
usual goodies (serial card, parallel port, soundblaster card)
--
Jeff Aitken
jaitken@vt.edu