Date:      Tue, 13 Aug 1996 12:10:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Tom Bartol <bartol@salk.edu>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   lockf() function missing?

Hi all,

I'm trying to compile a large neuron simulation package (appropriately
named NEURON) on FreeBSD 2.2-960801-SNAP.  The package uses Interviews-3.1
and I've almost got it made except that one of the source files makes
reference to the lockf() function.  This function appears in SunOS 4.1.3
man pages as being part of the standard C library functions in unistd.h.
It also appears here on SGIs, Alphas, and Linux machines but is
suspiciously absent from FreeBSD as far as I can tell.  Is it really
missing?  Is there a replacement for lockf that I can cobble together
myself using fcntl calls?  If so, what refs should I use to do so?

Thanks for you advice,

Tom