Date:      Tue, 13 Aug 1996 22:52:10 +0200
From:      roberto@keltia.freenix.fr (Ollivier Robert)
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: lockf() function missing?

According to Tom Bartol:
> reference to the lockf() function.  This function appears in SunOS 4.1.3
> man pages as being part of the standard C library functions in unistd.h.
> It also appears here on SGIs, Alphas, and Linux machines but is
> suspiciously absent from FreeBSD as far as I can tell.  Is it really
> missing?  Is there a replacement for lockf that I can cobble together

It is missing because it  is supposed to be  a System V syscall. You  could
probably emulate it with either fcntl or flock or better change the program
to use fcntl(2).
--
Ollivier ROBERT    -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-    roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 2.2-CURRENT #17: Fri Aug  2 20:40:17 MET DST 1996