Date:      Wed, 2 Dec 1998 11:19:44 -0500 (EST)
From:      Daniel Eischen <eischen@vigrid.com>
To:        jb@cimlogic.com.au, lists@tar.com, scrappy@hub.org
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pthread_cancel() function...

> I was under the impression that pthread_cancel was a manditory,
> not optional, part of both the POSIX and SS2 specifications.  However,
> I agree it causes problems when used improperly, and it sure seems
> like implementing it is a royal pain in the you know what.

I have the guts of it implemented, but just haven't wrapped all
(any) of the system calls defined as cancellation points.  I put
it on the back burner to do other things first.  If someone wants
to finish it before I get back to it, let me know and I'll try
to clean it up and make it available.

Dan Eischen
eischen@vigrid.com