Date:      Mon, 31 May 1999 13:25:35 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Armin Ollig <armin@openBSD.de>
To:        alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   sio overflows

hi,

i have set up my alpha to dial an ISP with pppd.
When dialing out via cuaa0 or ttyd0 i get massive sio overflows.
I configure the serial port with the /etc/rc.serial script as a  modem
port with 57600 baud.

This happens even at a 9600 baud connection when receiving or sending
files via ftp.  top reports a totally idle system while the sio overflows
occur. The kernel reports cuaa0 to be a 16550 UART which is true.

OS is 0524 snapshot,
Hardware: PC164, 500mHz, 128mb ram, ncr53C810, S3 vga

Any suggestions ?

best regards,
--armin