Date:      Mon, 06 May 1996 18:14:06 -0700
From:      "Amancio Hasty Jr." <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Jeremy Sigmon <jsigmon@www.hsc.wvu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MBONE and FreeBSD

It is easy to setup if you have decent OS which supports ip multicast.
You can setup a tunnel between your site and the target site.

For instance, this my /etc/mrouted.conf
tunnel  204.188.121.18 140.174.2.1  metric 1

Now the other side has a similar line however it has the ip addresses
swap.

The targetted lans can route ip multicast packets as for the
ISPs not necessaryly supporting ip multicast it does not really
matter because the tunnel concept was created with this
scenario in mind. In other words, what I am suggesting works.

Regards,
Amancio