Date:      Mon, 13 Sep 1999 01:28:47 -0700
From:      Travis Cole <tcole@balsam.methow.com>
To:        High Voltage <zapper@idsmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Problem with making kernel

On Mon, Sep 13, 1999 at 01:30:22AM -0500, High Voltage wrote:
> Everytime I try to "make" my kernel I get :
>
> /var: write failed, file system is full
> cpp: /var/tmp/cczr1080.i: No space left on device
> *** Error code 1
>
> is there anyway around this?

Your drive is full.

So, run 'df' to see how much space is used on that partition, and
then use 'du' to find out where its beeing used and delete some stuff.

--
--Travis

When it comes to violence, morality and the young, we're the Idiot Nation,
the laughingstock not only of the civilized world but of the highly-wired
generation of kids we're supposedly trying to protect.
		Jon Katz