Date:      Mon, 31 Jul 2006 11:35:04 -0400
From:      Erik Kristensen <erik@erikkristensen.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   MySQL Signal 10 on FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE-P6

Good Afternoon,

I have an interesting issue with FreeBSD 6.0 and MySQL 5.0. Part of my problem has been discussed serveral times in the past on other mailing lists and it seems there has been fixes for older versions of MySQL.

The MySQL server is currently receiving a SIGNAL 10 about once an hour, which is causing many problems with the innodb databases that we have running on this server.

I am running FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE-p6 and MySQL 5.0.22.

In all the lists I have read regarding FreeBSD, MySQL and signal 10, it all seems to happen with version 6.0 and the 4.1.x series of MySQL.

We were running 4.1.x when the problem first appeared so taking the advice of several mailing lists we upgraded MySQL to version 5.0. We first deinstalled mysql, dist cleaned the install, then did a make on the new version of mysql.

Even after the upgrade we are still getting several SIGNAL 10s, usually about once an hour.

Any help in this area would be greatly appreciate as this is our production server having issues. We are a small company with limited resources.

The server is a dual xeon 2.8ghz dual core processors with 1GB (2x512) of ram. 400GB 7200rpm SATA drive. 80GB 7200rpm SATA drive.

Thank you for your time.
-Erik