Date:      Mon, 14 Oct 2002 11:54:15 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        davidf@caymas.com
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: anybody help?  undefined reference to 'xstrtod'    occuring when  building sort.o

David Francheski wrote:
> I'm trying to upgrade from a 5.0 DP1 system to the latest -current
> (as of last week sometime).

Do not use DP1 as the starting point.

Instead, use one of the snapshot ISO's that we've been discussing
in the thread with the "Subject:" of:

    Re: HEADS UP: Old port recompiles needed (Re: Unknown symbol"__sF")

The best method I have discovered so far is to:

1)	Install a 4.x-RELEASE

2)	"Upgrade" using the most recent snapshot you can find

3)	Using an NFS mounted CVS tree, checkout and follow the
	"upgraqde from source" process, which will not work
	properly from DP-1, but works fine from the snapshot.

-- Terry