Date:      Thu, 1 Nov 2001 11:04:59 -0500
From:      "Andrew C. Hornback" <achornback@worldnet.att.net>
To:        "Paul Robinson" <paul@akita.co.uk>, "Nils Holland" <nils@tisys.org>
Cc:        <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>, <advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: NatWest? no thanks

	[tirade snipped for brevity]

	Paul, I've got one simple question for you.  You develop on and for Unix
platforms, as it says above.  Unix platforms have a generally accepted set
of standards that those playing the game play by.

	Now, when it comes to Java, Javascript and all of that hooey (It's a
Southern term), who's version do you use?  Who produces REAL Java?  Sun, the
originators of the standard... or Microsoft, the ones that took the standard
and perverted it for their own political uses?

	You raise some interesting issues, but I think that it's quite comical for
sites to require MSIE for doing Java work, etc. when Microsoft isn't even
producing a Java development package anymore.  For those that don't know,
Microsoft had to sell J++ and the related items to Rational Software in
order to satisfy the judge's ruling in their lawsuit against Sun.

	Nothing I can say or do is going to change how you go about your business.
But, I'll say this much, when you start producing websites that REQUIRE that
God-awful Microsoft Passport thing, expect much more of an uproar.

--- Andy