Date:      Tue, 27 Feb 1996 10:42:18 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Jerry Kendall <jerry@border.com>
Cc:        Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xforms maintenance tools (was Re: Tcl/Tk sysinstall)

> I have been working on a diskmaint utility to 'fdisk/disklabel' a newly
> added drive to FreeBSD. I tried with 'dialog' and found it to be seriously
> 'limiting'. Gave up on 'dialog'. Then tried to use 'Tcl/Tk' and found that
> to be to cumbersome.

The new dialog library (in -current) gives you considerably more
flexibility, though I agree that it's still not the best.

I was talking to jtc the other day and he mentioned that the new
curses has menus and advanced controls - I haven't looked yet, but
THAT sounds very promising!

> Now I am using the xforms library and the fdesign gui builder... It looks
> great and works very well. Have decided to write some other utilities
> once I have finished the 'diskmaint' utility..

I just wish it were available in source form.. :-(

					Jordan