Date:      Wed, 17 Feb 1999 17:40:06 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu (Brett Taylor)
Cc:        brett@lariat.org, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Walnut Creek, Where Are You?

> > http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/news/0,4586,389494,00.html IBM is
> > announcing that it will work with not one but SEVERAL distributors of
> > Linux, pre-installing their distributions on PCs. But NOT A WORD about
> > FreeBSD! Hello, Walnut Creek.... Can you say, "missed opportunity"
> > here?
>
> And it doesn't say so in this article, but I've read elsewhere that
> they're doing this on PowerPC based servers.  Not a lot we can do if we
> don't have a PowerPC port.

Plenty of us would be happy to do the work, if IBM loaned the hardware
for a port.  I rather expect NetBSD runs on it already, but if not, it
would probably be necessary to have access to some documentation,
though IBM has always been very public with documentation (the IBM
Technical Reference had a BIOS source listing).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.