Date:      Wed, 09 Dec 1998 23:46:07 -0500
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>, Jacques Vidrine <n@nectar.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Current ready for prime time web server ?

At 05:42 PM 12/9/98 -0800, Marc Slemko wrote:
>On Wed, 9 Dec 1998, Jacques Vidrine wrote:
>
>> On 9 December 1998 at 16:39, Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net> wrote:
>> [snip]
>> >
>> > Hi,
>> >Thanks for responding... I thought I had to rebuild STABLE as well no ? I
>> > am just worried that would introduce other problems.  Also, other recent
>> > postings in questions suggest that this is not done easily.
>>
>> You need only recompile Apache, not the OS.  It is quite easily done..
>> just define FD_SETSIZE before including <sys/types.h>.  A reasonable
>
>Exactly.
>
>In Apache's case, it will reserve a few low descriptors for other
>libraries that may need them and shouldn't be calling any library
>functions that will end up with high numbered descriptors and that can't
>handle them.

Excellent, thanks for all your help on this issue folks!  I have recomplied
the port on my stable box... Now the question is, how do I test this to
make sure its working correctly ?  I did a  grep ^ServerName httpd.conf |
awk '{print "lynx -dump http://"$2 " > /dev/null"}' | sh  to hit all of my
virtuals and there was nothing telling error logs.  Is there a way to check
for sure that it has solved the problem ?

	---Mike