Date:      Tue, 19 Sep 2000 04:54:00 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Interesting advocacy opportunity/challenge

I just bought a laptop the other day (a Sony Vaio, if anyone
care; if you need to know how to run X on a PCG-XG29, I can
now tell you).

I also bought a dongle-less Linksys PCMCIA 10/100 ethernet
adapter (the PC-CARD eject button is a close fit, but it
works in the top slot).

The interesting thing about this is that the first thing I
see when I open the Linksys box is a "TurboLinux Workstation
6.0 Lite" CDROM.

(!)

These Linux guys are doing some clever marketing, and FreeBSD
needs to do the same, or it's going to lose ground to the
much more aggressive Linux advocacy.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---