Date:      Tue, 27 Jun 1995 23:18:44 +1596657 (MET DST)
From:      Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
To:        FreeBSD-hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD hackers list)
Subject:   205R on Digital Hinote laptop, some experiences

Hi there

I now have a reasonably complete set of 205R on my Hinote. Sofar, most of
it looks fine.

A few questions remain:

- when running X (had to try that one..) things like <ctrl> <mouse button>
on an xterm don't work. This is using the builtin PS2 type trackball

- the hinote has a US Robotics 28K8 PCMCIA modem. Of course I tried to make it
work. Things like Windoze, MSdos Diagnostics etc correctly identify a second
16550A type comport (==the modem). FreeBSD does not, the probe fails.

- the hinote also has a SCSI PCMCIA card. It was made by Adaptec and badge
engineered by Digital. I think it is a APA-1460, it uses ASPI2DOS (so
1522 style) drivers with DOS. This aspi driver is for 6260/6360 type chips.
This made me attempt to use the aic driver. No luck though. The probe fails.

The latter 2 try-outs might fail because I miss something on the PCMCIA
front. Do they need extra initialising to become active (???) or something
like that?

Ideas and suggestions are welcome.

Wilko