Date:      Tue, 13 Nov 2001 09:15:23 -0800
From:      Arun Sharma <arun@sharma-home.net>
To:        Ernst de Haan <ernst@jollem.com>
Cc:        java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: orp-1.0.7 patch for freebsd

On Tue, Nov 13, 2001 at 11:22:30AM +0100, Ernst de Haan wrote:
> Isn't there a port for ORP ?

Not yet. But such a port will have to depend on:

1. GNU classpath - I haven't been able to get that package to compile
   cleanly. I end up doing javac $(find . -name '*.java'). Depends on
   automake/autoconf which seem to be cutting edge (i.e. just released
   and not yet in ports).

2. NGPT - for pthreads. This port already exists.

But ORP is in a good enough shape to run tomcat. 1.0.7 also added
support for jar files, which improves usability.

	-Arun