Date:      Tue, 6 Jan 1998 21:49:59 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Daniel M. Eischen" <deischen@iworks.InterWorks.org>
To:        dap@damon.com, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, nate@mt.sri.com
Subject:   Re: Motif question

> > The jdk115 port uses lesstif-0.81.
[...]
> Is there any chance of the diffs being released anytime soon, so that
> those of us with Motif can create their own binary releases w/out these
> annoying bugs?  (Replacing the LessTif shlib with the Motif version
> causes SEGV's, which is what I believe the rest of the article is
> about.)

Yes, please :-)  We have several Motif licenses, as I'm sure many
others do too.

Is it possible to build the binary version against Motif and
omit the troublesome library(ies) containing the Motif library
routines?  And then a simple way to rebuild the libraries with
our own Motif without having to rebuild jdk?

Or is this wishful thinking ;-)

Dan Eischen
deischen@iworks.InterWorks.org