Date:      Sun, 19 May 1996 17:33:48 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@io.org>
To:        invalid opcode <coredump@nervosa.com>
Cc:        FREEBSD-HACKERS-L <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Slow tty updates and high load, but idle CPU

On Fri, 17 May 1996, invalid opcode wrote:

> Check your stty settings, particularly baud rate.

    As I said, the problem is not related to stty settings.  Anyone
using the machine experiences it, whether they are on when it first
starts, or login once the server is in this state.  I'm not sure where
the problem lies, but it would appear to be at the tty device driver
level.  I have not yet checked to see if different ttys are updated
all at once, or in round-robin fashion.  However, all experience the
one-second delay between updates.  A stuck select() somewhere, perhaps?
--
Brian Tao (BT300, taob@io.org, taob@ican.net)
Systems and Network Administrator, Internet Canada Corp.