Date:      Sun, 25 Jun 1995 12:43:26 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Rashid Karimov." <rashid@haven.ios.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   X server and Diam.St.64VRAM Vision968 + TI 3026 220Mhz RAMDAC - HOW ?

Subject: XFree and Diam.Stealth 64VRAM 86C968-P + TI 220Mhz 3026 - HOW ? ?
Newsgroups: alt.uu.comp.os.linux.questions

	Hi there folx,

	Sorry for the possible off-topic, but probably some1 here customized
	S3 server for that particular chipset ( subject) ?

	Now the X server (s3) exits right after the start with
	"unknown chipset: 0xfffff01e" error.

	I've just accessed DIAMOND's WEB site ( very useful , BTW) and
	found the exact name for the card.
	It was announced on March 13'th:

	Utilizing the S3 Vision968 graphics engine and the Texas Instruments
	3026, a 220 MHz RAMDAC, the Diamond Stealth 64 Video VRAM supports
	resolutions of up to 1600x1200, color depths to 24-bit True Color,
	and provides ergonomic, flicker-free refresh rates of up to 120Hz.
	High resolutions and high color depths are particularly
	useful for desktop publishing, document image processing and CAD
	applications on large screen monitors.

Rashid

--

               Beyond the horizon of the place we lived when we were young
               In the world of magnets and miracles
               Our thoughts strayed constantly and without boundary
               The ringing of the division bell had begun ...
                        -=PF, The Division Bell=-