Date:      Thu, 16 Sep 1999 15:06:38 -0400
From:      Joe Gleason <jogleaso@vt.edu>
To:        Mike Steinfeld <mike@freebsdbox.com>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3.3-STABLE

Yep, as usual you guys do a great job.  I upgraded my main shell server last
night and several other systems today with no problems.

Oh yea...I was wondering this, why not create a dns round-robin for cvsup
servers?  That way if any of the servers are down or busy, the retry will
probably goto a diffrent sever making and if everyone just used the round
robin, then the load will be quite evenly distributed.

The only disadvantage is for people who want to use a particual server
because of net-proximity or other reasons, but they of course can still do
so.

Feel free to tell me that I am stupid, but if you do, at least explain why.

Joe Gleason
Tasam