Date:      Wed, 17 Feb 1999 13:05:44 -0700 (MST)
From:      Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        brett@lariat.org, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Walnut Creek, Where Are You?

Hi,

On Wed, 17 Feb 1999, Terry Lambert wrote:
> > Brett (Taylor) wrote:

> > And it doesn't say so in this article, but I've read elsewhere that
> > they're doing this on PowerPC based servers.  Not a lot we can do if we
> > don't have a PowerPC port.
>
> Plenty of us would be happy to do the work, if IBM loaned the hardware
> for a port.  I rather expect NetBSD runs on it already, but if not, it
> would probably be necessary to have access to some documentation,
> though IBM has always been very public with documentation (the IBM
> Technical Reference had a BIOS source listing).

I believe NetBSD has a port - it may be beta as I recall though - haven't
bothered to check their page though.

Brett
Brett Taylor            brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu
http://peloton.physics.montana.edu/brett/

"Bart, a woman is like a beer.  They look good, they smell good,
 and you'd step over your own mother just to get one!"
						Homer Simpson