Date:      Wed, 17 Feb 1999 12:22:58 -0800
From:      Gregory Sutter <gsutter@pobox.com>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>, Matthew Hunt <mph@pobox.com>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ESR: Star Bore?

On Tue, Feb 16, 1999 at 07:32:31PM -0800, Mike Smith wrote:
> > At 07:18 PM 2/15/99 -0800, Mike Smith wrote:
> >
> > >Be that as it may, I'm glad we "lost" Eric Raymond.  He made a complete
> > >fool of himself today, as usual.
> >
> > A USA Today report claims that Eric Raymond attended the Bay Area
> > event dressed as Obi-Wan Kenobi from Star Wars, and referred to
> > himself repeatedly as a "Linux Theorist."
>
> 1) He looked more like Yoda, and watching him pulling FreeBSD stickers
>    off his "costume" was pretty funny.

Especially since he had one of the "Powered by FreeBSD" stickers on the
collar of his robe while giving interviews.  I'm not sure if it was in a
position visible to the cameras though.  Nice job, Mike. :)

Greg
--
Gregory S. Sutter                    "Very funny, Scotty.
mailto:gsutter@pobox.com              Now beam down my clothes."