Date:      Wed, 15 Apr 1998 07:21:44 +1000
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        FreeBSD-Newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   What do newbies want?

What would make things easier and more pleasant for people who try FreeBSD
for the first time? Is there something you wished for when you started but
couldn't find? What did you find that you really liked? Are there problems
that only newbies have, that could be addressed somehow? If you had a magic
wand, what would you like to see added, removed, or improved?

We did discuss this a bit before but I think it's worth exploring it in more
depth, now that there's a lot of talk about promoting FreeBSD. It's one
thing to attract people to FreeBSD, but what else could we be offering them
once they arrive?

Newbies are the experts here, so first see how many ideas you can come up
with. Even if they are impossible ideas they could inspire someone else to
think of something, so don't hold back. Later on we can pick out the
important ones and look at how to implement them, but let's just get the
ideas flowing first.

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-