Date:      Thu, 6 Jun 2002 19:10:34 -0400
From:      Jason <Jason@wildrhino.com>
To:        "'freebsd-stable@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: MySQL problem

>On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 04:52:18PM +0300, Alexandr Kovalenko wrote:
>> 1. Did you used a port to install MySQL?

>Yes, ofcourse

>> 2. Why don't you upgrade it to 3.23.49, which is HIGHLY recommended by
>> MySQL team because of important fixes?

>Good question. Mainly because the database is constantly in use, and
secondly because I haven't seen any changes in the changelog which might
help my problem.

This is not fixed in 3.23.49, and the problem happens in both source version
and port.

Try changing the mysqld configure file to define HAVE_BROKEN_REALPATH. See
the BSDi entry. Then recompile and reinstall.  Allegedly the freebsd
realpath() function is broken, or at least acts differently to how mysql
expects it to act.

Jason Rhino