Date:      Sat, 8 Jan 2000 10:59:11 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Mr. K." <bsd@inbox.org>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   process stuck in ttywri

This is the second time I've seen this on two completely different
machines (different network, different configuration, different state) so
I'm wondering if anyone else has run into it.  What happens is while I'm
doing a make, one of the processes will get stuck.  If I look at top, I
will see that one of the processes is stuck in ttywri.  I know I have very
little information so I don't expect any solutions, but I was only
wondering if maybe someone else has run into this also, or maybe it was
already fixed?  Also, if anyone wants to tell me something specific I
should look for next time it happens...

FreeBSD [censored].home.com 3.4-STABLE FreeBSD 3.4-STABLE #1: Sun
Dec 19 04:22:13 GMT 1999
root@[censored].home.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/HOMER  i386