Date:      Thu, 3 Jun 1999 20:44:49 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        dfr@nlsystems.com (Doug Rabson)
Cc:        tlambert@primenet.com, armin@openBSD.de, alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sio overflows

> > There was a patch (before the bus stuff went in), posted to the
> > alpha list a while back, that added FASTINTR support for the
> > Alpha.  The SILO overflows are a result of that support not
> > having been integrated.
>
> Are you absolutely sure about this? I have been following this list pretty
> carefully over the last year and I don't recall anything of this nature.

Yes, I'm positive.  It was in the "SIO overflow" thread, right near
the start.

> > It's my understanding that since the bus stuff went into the Alpha
> > before it went into the x86, the patch may still be good.
>
> The Alpha used the new bus stuff for ISA (and everything else) from day
> one.
>

> > No, I do not have a copy of the patch that I can send you; check the
> > -alpha list archives.
>
> I can't see anything. Can you remember the subject line?

It had "SIO overflow" (I think that's the error it gives) in it.

It wasn't very many lines of code, so it should be recreatable in
any case.

Sorry, the only names that come to mind as the author are Bruce Evans
or Steve Passe.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---