Date:      Wed, 31 May 1995 14:42:35 -0400
From:      Charles Henrich <henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG

Now, the Usenet groups would be private - they would be purely for intersite
transit, to assure redundancy.  You can get rid of all the news<->mail
gateway assumptions by doing this (encapsulate the mail messages, perhaps
even uuencode, to deter folks from trying to "use" the groups).  This is a

Dont do something assinign like that, as I said in another message I already
one-way gateway into newsgroups here at MSU, and its entirely to useful.  I can
actually read and track ALL of the damn lists with no problem.  Users still are
forced to email to the list to get posts in, so we cut way down on any garbage
noise.  A boiler plate is stuck on the end of each message explaining that a
post here wont do any good.

I've also named the groups lists.freebsd.* so its very apparent whats what.

-Crh
--

    Charles Henrich     Michigan State University     henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu

                     http://rs560.msu.edu/~henrich/