Date:      Wed, 16 Dec 1998 22:04:40 +0200
From:      Jukka Similä <lmkjuksi@info1.info.tampere.fi>
To:        newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Easy and flexible - fbsd

Can anyone imagine how difficult it is to change ISP?
- I mean it is difficult if you use windows and something goes wrong.
I just changed my isp, and this is also a test, i want to see how my things
work (I didn't change my mail settings yet, so everything should be just like
it was, i think) .
  Anyway I used three (3) evenings when I tried to connect the registration
(?) server from winNT, (i got an installation cd for windows from my new isp)
and then i couldn't stand it anymore.
I changed to fbsd, connected manually to the server and it was another five
minutes and registration was completed. I spend six more minutes to change the
phonenumber and the chat script from /etc/ppp.conf , and now my new connection
works. (from fbsd , I think I won't even set it up to windows) now i still got
to make my mail go thru my new isp, but it was just about 15 minutes to make
all important to work in freebsd.

i think windows is just fine when it works.
if it ever works.
i don't know.
haven't seen.
 hope someday i will.