Date:      Sat, 5 Jun 1999 23:19:28 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>
To:        dfr@nlsystems.com (Doug Rabson)
Cc:        alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sys/alpha/alpha sgmap.c busdma_machdep.c         src/sys/alpha/conf GENERIC files.alpha src/sys/alpha/include

Doug Rabson wrote...
> With this change, people with CIA based machines (164lx, 164sx, AS600,
> Miata and quite a few others) can now use their floppy drives. Just add
> these lines to your config file:
>
> controller	fdc0	at isa? port IO_FD1 irq 6 drq 2
> disk		fd0	at fdc0 drive 0
>
> The relavent changes to the other chipsets will happen as soon as possible
> after Usenix. Also after Usenix I hope to be able to commit an updated pcm
> driver which works on the alpha (well it works with my SB AWE64 card
> anyway).

Excellent!  I've got a 433au, and it seems to at least probe here:
(I'm not at the console, so I can't try it out)

fdc0: interrupting at ISA irq 6
fdc0: <NEC 72065B or clone> at port 0x3f0-0x3f7 irq 6 drq 2 on isa0
fdc0: FIFO enabled, 8 bytes threshold
fd0: <1440-KB 3.5" drive> at fdc0 drive 0

And the ATAPI stuff sees the CDROM drive as well:

ata-pci0: <Unknown PCI IDE controller> irq 1 at device 4.0 on pci0
ata-pci0: Busmastering DMA supported
ata0 at 0x01f0 irq 14 on ata-pci0
ata0: unwanted interrupt 1 status = ff
acd0: <TOSHIBA CD-ROM XM-5702B/3476> CDROM drive at ata0 as master
acd0: drive speed 2067KB/sec, 256KB cache
acd0: supported read types: CD-R, CD-RW, CD-DA
acd0: Audio: play, 255 volume levels
acd0: Mechanism: ejectable tray
acd0: Medium: no/blank disc inside, unlocked

Once the sound code gets working, I think that'll be most all of the
hardware on the box.  I'll have to see if I can get X running on the
thing...

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry