Date:      	Wed, 31 May 1995 12:42:57 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Tom Samplonius <tom@uniserve.com>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@trout.sri.MT.net>
Cc:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@kryten.atinc.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG

On Wed, 31 May 1995, Nate Williams wrote:

> FWIW, our ISP recently switched *from* Zmailer back to sendmail after
> they had lots of problems with it.  According to our ISP, Zmailer didn't
> support things such as aliases, .forward file, and such w/out alot of
> work and in their environment sendmail was much easier to maintain over
> the long-term.

  Competely bogus.  Zmailer supports aliases.  Zmailer has special
security consisderations for .forward files, but you can override them so
they work just like Sendmail.  Unless, you speak sendmail.cf as as a
second-language, Zmailer will be easier to configure.

  However, Zmailer isn't without problems, but those certainly aren't
them.  Main problem is some weirdness in the scheduler of versions 2.99.X
that cause it to generate bogus error messages.  Either use 2.2e6, or
2.99.14 with a scheduler from an earlier version.

Tom