Date:      Sun, 4 Aug 1996 12:19:43 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      "Christoph P. Kukulies" <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com (Amancio Hasty)
Cc:        kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de, multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SciTeXt (font problem)

> Hi,
>
> Try to read the instructions provided in the package:
> untar the fonts to a directory and then go there and do "mkfontdir"
> Additionally, you have to tell the X server where are the fonts located,
> in my case:
> xset +fp /usr/local/scitext/fonts &

OK, I didn't get your port/package, I just installed the tar balls from
rah-stargate and their README doesn't tell anything about it,
they just write in section Installation in /usr/local/scitext/README :

4. Now copy the files in /usr/local/scitext/defaults in a
   directory .SciTeXt in your home directory. Every user has
   to do this, otherwise the program will stop with an error
   like 'Cannot open Translation-Table. I had to stop the program!'.
5. You can now start scitext by typing 'scitext'.

No word on mkfontdir somewhere.