Date:      Tue, 24 Feb 2004 15:17:23 -0500
From:      Daren Desjardins <desjardins@canada.com>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   JProbe on 4.9

Has anyone been able to get JProbe 5 to successfully run on 4.9 (or
5.x)? It installed without issue, however when I start it up and browse
for files it shows a very limited list of directories. For example,
browsing /usr I might games,bin,sbin, but not local.

The second problem was when I try to have it launch tomcat for
profiling, it just hangs with 'Trying to connect to debug ... 4444'.

I know jprobe comes with its own JDK:

java version "1.4.0_02"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.0_02-b02)

I tried switching it to use the Freebsd JDK, but when I try launching
jprobe, it hangs on the splash screen. I also tried pointing it to the
linux jdk port, however it behaves the same as the JProbe JRE.