Date:      Tue, 06 Jan 1998 22:52:33 -0800
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        Michael Hancock <michaelh@cet.co.jp>, FreeBSD Hackers <Hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: GPS for xntpd Stratum 1 servers

I don't think that you can use the Garmin units as an accurate time
source since they don't output accurate timing info -- they do have
accurate internal timing.

The Motorola Oncore boards seems to be most accurate ones out there.
Related to the Motorola Evaluation kit there is also
the totally accurate clock project .

If anyone is interested please check out:
ftp://aleph.gsfc.nasa.gov/GPS/totally.accurate.clock

It has all sorts of info and charts.

	Amancio